THIS IS A CORPORATE POSITION
The Better Ingredients and Better Pizza Team!
We are SERVING up more than just PIZZA! Come join a TEAM that you will always LOVE to be a part of! We are looking for a hard-working, fun, dedicated team player for a Lead Distribution Team Member at our Distribution Center in Acworth, GA!
Don't you want the FREEDOM of working for a company that pays you WEEKLY so that you can enjoy a few slices of pizza on your day off! Or maybe your driven by the GREAT PERKS as a PAPA JOHNS team member! Apply Today!!
We look forward to making you a proud PAPA JOHNS team member, not just another employee on the roster!
What are some perks?
- Hourly Team Member MONTHLY BONUS!!
- Paid Time off to enjoy the GREAT things LIFE must offer!
- Recognition for a job well done with a monthly awards and pizza day. (MMM. Pizza.)
- Career advancement opportunities
- Working with great people in a smaller environment
- Affordable health insurance options - just ask for details!
The Distribution Team Leader manages all aspects of the warehouse and distribution operation within the Quality Control Center (QCC) to ensure excellence in customer service through product availability and timely delivery of products to Papa John's restaurants.
What's on the Menu:
- Working Hours: 3AM-1:30PM
- Act as liaison with In-Bound Transportation Manager to resolve problems with delivery, order accuracy, supply, invoicing and rejections of in-bound freight.
- Maintain a high level of productivity through on-the-job training, measurement and follow-up.
- Perform weekly inventory counts to ensure adequate product supply; order product from selected vendors as needed.
- Monitor daily distribution of all products, including accurate records of all transactions, purchase orders, packing slips, restaurant invoices, debit/credit memos and inventory count.
- Partner with transportation team to accomplish efficient delivery service.
- Maintain productivity standards by providing metrics surrounding key performance indicators. Recommend ways to increase productivity levels/performance through knowledge of formal continuous improvement methodology (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, TQM, etc.)
- Develop and manage department budget and manage all financial aspects of the department including capital project estimates and payroll.
- Effectively manage labor through planning and scheduling.
- Maintain an organized, efficient and sanitary warehouse and loading dock area.
- Manage & develop distribution team by conducting regularly scheduled meetings, timely performance reviews and effectively resolving performance issues.
- Lead and participate in system wide cross-functional teams and taskforces.
- Establish department goals and objectives in alignment with Center and Company goals.
- Function as a key member on the Center Leadership Team in leading and demonstrating Papa John's Core values while ensuring daily business and customer service objectives are achieved.
- Adhere to all Papa John's International and PJ Food Service policies as stated in company manuals, training manuals or other written communications.
- Able to effectively communicate and provide verbal and written direction in English required.
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift and manual/electric pallet jacks.
- General understanding of mechanical and mathematical skills required.
- Working knowledge of basic principles of food manufacturing (including Good Manufacturing Practices) and distribution operations.
- AS400 / Warehouse Management System knowledge.
- Ability to develop and execute budgetary items for department.
- Microsoft Office experience required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- PeopleSoft, Kronos, AS400 application experience preferred.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree or equivalent experience in industrial/food manufacturing preferred.
- 1+ years management support experience required.
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal regulations and audits required, i.e., USDA audits, HACCP, etc.
Exciting things are happening at Papa John's corporate restaurants. Work where the best ingredient is YOU!
Great things are happening at Papa John's! If you are looking for a fulfilling career with an international company, flavored with challenging work, mixed with professional development opportunities, a competitive salary and a collaborative team environment, then look no further! Papa John's seeks people who share our philosophy for success, are looking for quality business practices and meaningful work. All these combine to produce not only the best pizza, but also the best team members!
Papa John's has over 5,000 locations in 44 countries and territories around the world. We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package. Driven to be the best. Better Ingredients. Better People. ®
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status,
national or ethnic origin, pregnancy, veteran status, uniformed service (as defined by 10 U.S.C. § 101(a)(5)), protected disability status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by statute or local law.
The Company utilizes eSignatures for Disclosures and Consent which applies to all Materials, both current and future, related to your application for or possible employment
with Papa John's International, Inc. on behalf of itself and its subsidiaries ("Papa John's"). By choosing to click "Apply Now" and move forward in the Application Process
you are confirming that you have read, understood and agree to the Company's E-Signature Disclosures and Consent Policy. Please click here to review this policy.