THIS IS A CORPORATE POSITION
The Production Shift Supervisor is responsible for supervising all aspects of dough production within the Quality Control Center (QCC). This position ensures adherence to all quality assurance programs, meets plant productivity goals, develops leadership skills in self and direct report team, and creates a safe working environment according to PJFS standards.
- Supervise dough production and sanitation operations to ensure product integrity and consistency.
- Maintain a high level of productivity through on-the-job training, measurement and follow-up.
- Supervise & assist in developing production team by conducting regularly scheduled meetings, timely performance reviews and effectively resolving performance issues.
- Function as a Support team member on the QCC Leadership Team, maintaining positive peer relationships/teamwork in leading and demonstrating Papa John's Core values while ensuring daily business and customer service objectives are achieved.
- Assist in managing departmental budget, including all metric performance and payroll.
- Perform inventory counts to ensure adequate product supply; order product from selected vendors as needed.
- Assist in effectively managing labor through planning, scheduling, and assessment of operational needs.
- Drive productivity standards by analyzing metrics surrounding key performance indicators. Recommend/implement ways to improve performance.
- Conduct periodic dough sampling and testing to ensure product quality integrity.
- Assist in establishing department goals and objectives in alignment with PJ Food Service QCC and Company goals.
- Ensure compliance with PJFS Safety standards, Sanitation and HACCP policies & procedures, federal, state and local regulations (OSHA, FDA, DOL) and all Papa John's International, Inc., policies & procedures.
DESIRED FUNCTIONAL SKILLS
- Able to effectively communicate and provide verbal and written direction in English required.
- General understanding of mechanical and mathematical skills required.
- Working knowledge of principles of food manufacturing (including Good Manufacturing Practices) and distribution operations.
- Microsoft Office experience preferred (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- PeopleSoft and Kronos application experience preferred.
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- College education or business management development preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years progressive supervisory experience required, preferably in a production or manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal regulations and audits required, i.e., USDA audits, HACCP, etc.
- Formal continuous improvement methodology (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, TQM, etc.) preferred.
- Must be able to be on call 24/7.
Exciting things are happening at Papa John's corporate restaurants. Work where the best ingredient is YOU!
Great things are happening at Papa John's! If you are looking for a fulfilling career with an international company, flavored with challenging work, mixed with professional development opportunities, a competitive salary and a collaborative team environment, then look no further! Papa John's seeks people who share our philosophy for success, are looking for quality business practices and meaningful work. All these combine to produce not only the best pizza, but also the best team members!
Papa John's has over 5,000 locations in 44 countries and territories around the world. We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package. Driven to be the best. Better Ingredients. Better People. ®
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Company utilizes eSignatures for Disclosures and Consent which applies to all Materials, both current and future, related to your application for or possible employment
with Papa John's International, Inc. on behalf of itself and its subsidiaries ("Papa John's"). By choosing to click "Apply Now" and move forward in the Application Process
you are confirming that you have read, understood and agree to the Company's E-Signature Disclosures and Consent Policy. Please click here to review this policy.