THIS IS A CORPORATE POSITION
This position will provide strategic counsel and tactical recommendations and focused training to corporate and franchise leadership on marketing programs designed to drive profitable transactions, comp sales and restaurant and market per-store average sales growth, thereby driving the growth of Papa John's overall business. The Regional Marketing Director will lead the conversion of national brand initiatives into regional strategies and market level plans, and be a strong marketing generalist who flexes easily and comfortably between conceptual, strategic thinking and high-level influence and tactical execution of marketing recommendations.
- Develop annual marketing plans (including DMA/Co-op plans, community programs and individual restaurants) designed to increase new customer visits, existing customer frequency and store level PSA; and steal share.
- Gain alignment with Operations and Franchise Leaders for ongoing refinement of marketing strategies for DMAs within assigned region against sales, transaction and PSA goals
- Guide local sports sponsorship and other partnership activity to ensure that market has the right sponsorships to drive local relevance and brand affinity, has the optimal activation plan in place and is getting the best possible sales performance out of their investment,
- Leverage market specific sales/order data, historic marketing initiatives performance and customer analytics to optimize market-level programs and grow digital performance, especially online and mobile.
- Provide ongoing training for market-wide and store-level leadership on calendar planning, local store marketing, digital LSM and partnership development and execution; using training materials provided and personal knowledge
- Manage and direct local market Agencies; collaborate with Agency Partners for development of marketing tactics and media plans encompassing broadcast, print, digital, promotions, partnerships and LSM; partner with Operations, co-op and Marketing leadership to complete twice yearly agency evaluations
- Create programs that grow Loyalty program membership at the market and store level and increase member engagement
- Provide comprehensive marketing analysis and tactical recommendations to opportunity markets
- Collaborate with franchise business directors and franchisees to drive higher new store sales ramp through consultation and recommendation of appropriate strategies
- Analyze sales results of key promotional efforts and provide conclusions and recommendations.
- Gain and share in-depth market and competitive knowledge for assigned DMA(s) to include key competitors and marketing strategy, emerging threats, knowledge of market pricing and price elasticity, store level marketing needs, and market level opportunities
- Form Co-ops and establish appropriate management processes and procedures.
- Ensure sound fiscal management of co-op budgets in assigned DMA's, which may include planning, monitoring and ensuring positive cash flow
- Actively participate in daily War Room calls to report on market-level activity, learn about and share best practices, monitor trends and recommend/take action as needed
- Communicate all individual co-op and local marketing activity to the Marketing Leadership team
- Develop competitive offense and defense strategies specific to regional competitive set to blunt competition and leverage opportunities
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- B.A. degree in Marketing/Advertising/Business or related communications/business degree required.
- Minimum 7 years marketing experience required with a significant percentage in the restaurant or retail industries. Specifically:
- Experience working within a franchise environment preferred.
- Special consideration will be paid to restaurant industry experience
- Client-side experience on either the brand or product marketing team
- Experience within an advertising, PR or promotional agency in either account service/management or account planning desired
- Special consideration will also be given to sports sponsorship and activation experience
- Candidate must reside in, or be willing to move to, the Southeastern US
- Extensive travel required.
Exciting things are happening at Papa John's corporate restaurants. Work where the best ingredient is YOU!
Great things are happening at Papa John's! If you are looking for a fulfilling career with an international company, flavored with challenging work, mixed with professional development opportunities, a competitive salary and a collaborative team environment, then look no further! Papa John's seeks people who share our philosophy for success, are looking for quality business practices and meaningful work. All these combine to produce not only the best pizza, but also the best team members!
Papa John's has over 5,000 locations in 44 countries and territories around the world. We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package. Driven to be the best. Better Ingredients. Better People. ®
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Company utilizes eSignatures for Disclosures and Consent which applies to all Materials, both current and future, related to your application for or possible employment
with Papa John's International, Inc. on behalf of itself and its subsidiaries ("Papa John's"). By choosing to click "Apply Now" and move forward in the Application Process
you are confirming that you have read, understood and agree to the Company's E-Signature Disclosures and Consent Policy. Please click here to review this policy.