THIS IS A CORPORATE POSITION
The Solution Architect will provide technical direction, thought leadership, and hands-on support for Papa John's digital products, enabling Papa John's to lead the industry in creating and advancing high-quality customer experiences with a test-and-learn, cloud-first, DevOps-driven mindset. This role is accountable for the domain architecture and technical success of various business-critical applications (many of which are customer-facing). This includes both reference architectures for assigned domains, as well as solution design and verification through deep participation in the product engineering lifecycle. A successful candidate will be able to directly support several Agile Product delivery teams in bringing these solution designs to life through working software.
- As a technical thought leader, drive change, increase collaboration, and motivate agile delivery teams to achieve a high level of product performance and quality
- Engage with Enterprise Architecture to identify, research, and test disruptive or emerging technologies
- Lead technology evaluation and adoption efforts (including proof-of-concept, proof-of-technology, and riskiest assumption tests)
- Support creation of technology standards and reusable components
- Create/maintain Domain-Level Architectures (conceptual, logical, physical), and collaborate on Enterprise-Level Architectures
- Translate requirements into specific solution designs (infrastructure, systems, integration, data…) for complex business processes and enabling platforms
- Articulate design impacts upon people, process, and technology, and recommend solutions per desired scalability, maintainability, cost-effectiveness, risk-avoidance, etc.
- Act as the Product Manager's advocate as an authority on technical capabilities and functional architecture
- Participate in development of high-level estimates in support of ROI analysis
- Understand and contribute to enterprise architecture roadmaps and standards, promoting solutions that make progress towards a shared vision, leverage common services, and meet Product targets
- Guide and support engineering teams during all phases of the DevOps lifecycle
- Bring "best in class" to Papa John's – apply enterprise and industry best practices to new business or technology requirements, and advocate for changes in requirements or roadmaps as needed
- Provide stewardship for the application lifecycle, e.g. manage technical debt, influence the feature roadmap, highlight innovation opportunities, and ensure candidate solutions are secure, resilient, and supportable
- Prescribe appropriate types and levels of architecture review, code review, testing, documentation, monitoring, and metrics to ensure the ongoing Digital Health and production support of our platforms
- Frame technical or architectural alternatives in business terms, clearly articulating both business and technical implications of various options
- Ensure business results & quality outcomes through hands-on testing of proposed solutions
- Drive creation, adoption and reuse of enterprise technology assets within the Domain's delivery stream; identify opportunities to create new reusable technology assets and promote them for use
- Identify required Architectural Runway in support of upcoming business capabilities, and work with Enterprise Architecture and Engineering counterparts to ensure that it is prioritized and delivered
- Analyze Domain's technical debt and advocate with Product Manager for appropriate handling
DESIRED FUNCTIONAL SKILLS
- Professional, technical, interpersonal, and organizational skills commensurate with the responsibilities outlined
- Significant experience in continuous integration, continuous delivery, continuous testing, and other DevOps-related tools and practices
- Significant experience with modern Cloud Computing technologies (GCP, Azure, and/or AWS)
- Excellent oral, written, and visual communication skills, including data visualization and diagramming
- Experience with reactive/resilient design patterns
- An analytical, experiment-based, Systems-Thinking approach to Product Delivery
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Technology, or Information Systems
- 7+ years relevant work experience
- 3+ years of technical leadership experience
- 2+ years of architecture experience in a large-scale, complex IT environment(preferably an Enterprise Agile environment)
Exciting things are happening at Papa John's corporate restaurants. Work where the best ingredient is YOU!
Great things are happening at Papa John's! If you are looking for a fulfilling career with an international company, flavored with challenging work, mixed with professional development opportunities, a competitive salary and a collaborative team environment, then look no further! Papa John's seeks people who share our philosophy for success, are looking for quality business practices and meaningful work. All these combine to produce not only the best pizza, but also the best team members!
Papa John's has over 5,000 locations in 44 countries and territories around the world. We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package. Driven to be the best. Better Ingredients. Better People. ®
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status,
national or ethnic origin, pregnancy, veteran status, uniformed service (as defined by 10 U.S.C. § 101(a)(5)), protected disability status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by statute or local law.
The Company utilizes eSignatures for Disclosures and Consent which applies to all Materials, both current and future, related to your application for or possible employment
with Papa John's International, Inc. on behalf of itself and its subsidiaries ("Papa John's"). By choosing to click "Apply Now" and move forward in the Application Process
you are confirming that you have read, understood and agree to the Company's E-Signature Disclosures and Consent Policy. Please click here to review this policy.