THIS IS A CORPORATE POSITION
TheTechnical Architect will provide technical direction, thought leadership, and hands-on support for Papa John's digital products, enabling Papa John's to lead the industry in exploring, creating, and supporting highest-quality, "customer first" experiences in various digital channels. This role is part of a team accountable for the conception, design, development, testing, implementation, and support of various business-critical applications many of which are customer-facing.
- Design high-performance applications, enabling fantastic customer experiences and pro-actively mitigating any degradation of service in production, with a goal of exceeding our customers' expectations and increasing profit in our digital channels
- Work hand-in-hand with development teams to ensure that solution design and solution implementation align and evolve together, using an agile mindset
- Drive Performance budget measurement, optimization and management.
- Collaborate with the UX and Design teams and support the UX architecture and design pattern library.
- Provide technical leadership and hands-on assistance to various roles on the extended team, driving team toward practices aligned with DevOps principles
- Identify and research disruptive technologies (those that challenge the organization and/or provide transformative business opportunities)
- Lead technology evaluation and adoption efforts (including proof-of-concept and proof-of-technology) in a support role to Solution Architects and Enterprise Architects.
- Bring "best in class" to Papa John's – apply enterprise and industry strategies and best practices to new business or technology requirements, and advocate for changes in requirements or road-maps as needed
- Analyze complex business problems, articulate technical options, and recommend solutions per desired scalability, maintainability, cost-effectiveness, risk-avoidance, etc.
- Deliver or Support creating conceptual, logical, and physical architectures
- Deliver technology patterns, standards, and guides, and mentor team on how/when to adopt them
- Participate in collaborative team planning processes (estimating, prioritizing, etc.), and identify significant project milestones and risks
- Provide stewardship for the application life-cycle, e.g. manage technical debt, influence the feature roadmap, highlight innovation opportunities, and ensure candidate solutions are secure, resilient, and supportable
- Prescribe appropriate types and levels of architecture review, code review, testing, documentation, monitoring, and metrics to ensure the ongoing Digital Health and production support of our platforms
- Lead team through high-impact operational incidents and ensure root cause-oriented improvements are implemented
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Technology, or Information Systems
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience
- Professional, technical, interpersonal, and organizational skills commensurate with the responsibilities outlined
- Significant experience in continuous integration, continuous delivery, continuous testing, and other DevOps-related tools and practices
- Significant experience in mobile delivery, responsive design, Web Content Management, internationalization and personalization
- Significant experience in patterns and platforms for performance optimization (e.g. CDN, distributed cache, in-memory grid, etc.)
- Experience in APM, UEM, and other tools for IT and user experience analytics
- Experience in high volume eCommerce and/or in-Store Systems Applications
- Experience in industry best practices and patterns for Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- Excellent oral, written, and visual communication skills, including data visualization and diagramming
Exciting things are happening at Papa John's corporate restaurants. Work where the best ingredient is YOU!
Great things are happening at Papa John's! If you are looking for a fulfilling career with an international company, flavored with challenging work, mixed with professional development opportunities, a competitive salary and a collaborative team environment, then look no further! Papa John's seeks people who share our philosophy for success, are looking for quality business practices and meaningful work. All these combine to produce not only the best pizza, but also the best team members!
Papa John's has over 5,000 locations in 44 countries and territories around the world. We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package. Driven to be the best. Better Ingredients. Better People. ®
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Company utilizes eSignatures for Disclosures and Consent which applies to all Materials, both current and future, related to your application for or possible employment
with Papa John's International, Inc. on behalf of itself and its subsidiaries ("Papa John's"). By choosing to click "Apply Now" and move forward in the Application Process
you are confirming that you have read, understood and agree to the Company's E-Signature Disclosures and Consent Policy. Please click here to review this policy.