THIS IS A CORPORATE POSITION
The Trans Papa Logistics Safety Coordinator provides safety leadership focused on transportation, develop and assist in implementation of transportation safety directives, maintain transportation safety policies and procedures in accordance with, and benchmarked against the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and DOT in an effort to reduce risk and improve transportation safety performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform transportation observations to include a review of documents, files, and equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure FMCSA safety regulation and safety compliance within the respective region
- Conduct Smith System Defensive Driving annual retraining within the respective region
- Provide constructive feedback to team members regarding unsafe behaviors and/or practices
- Work closely with the Transportation Management within respective region
- Provide routine reports to Corporate Transportation Safety Manager
- During Observations, confirm drivers are adhering to all FMCSR regulations and actively communicating deficiencies in real time to respective Transportation Manager and Corporate Transportation Safety Manager
- Advise on safety policies, procedures and programs to promote safety for both the public and our team members while protecting PJFS and PJI from litigation in regards to accidents or injuries within the respective region
- Assist in identifying best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices within the respective region
- Assist in ensuring current benchmarking practices relevant to transportation safety are being utilized within the respective region
- Assist and/or lead investigation of vehicle accidents and near-miss incidents to determine causal factors, root causes and corrective/preventive measures within the respective region as needed
- Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring to team members on transportation safety initiatives and necessary changes within the respective region as needed
- Assist in Onboarding Delivery Specialist training that will ensure short service team members have received the proper training within the respective region as needed
- Assist with development of transportation safety programs to determine their adequacy within the respective region
- Active participation in Safety R & R conference calls involving Quality Control Center Leaders and Safety Teams within the respective region
- Assist in ensuring key elements of all safety programs are implemented and maintained within the respective region
- Assist if needed with Safety Orientation for new Delivery specialists, which may include various safety programs and/or policies within the respective region
- Participate in your local QCC Safety Committee
- Aggressively promote safety awareness in all departments
- Assist or lead in Delivery Specialist concerns as needed by Corporate Transportation Safety Manager in order to provide a safer delivery experience
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include assisting in other regions as needed
- Must have proven extensive DOT and other Transportation regulatory experience
- Must lead by example
- Must be able to effectively communicate both upward, downward, and laterally in English.
- Have high ethical standards
- Strong administrative and proficient computer skills.
- Ability to assist in development of effective training sessions providing technical and operational policies and procedures.
- Have an understanding of Behavioral Safety methodology
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated understanding of FMCSR guidelines
- Must have a clean driving record
- College degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience leading Operations and/or Safety in a transportation environment required.
- Demonstrated understanding of DOT regulations, federal, state and local laws and regulations in regards to the trucking industry.
Exciting things are happening at Papa John's corporate restaurants. Work where the best ingredient is YOU!
Great things are happening at Papa John's! If you are looking for a fulfilling career with an international company, flavored with challenging work, mixed with professional development opportunities, a competitive salary and a collaborative team environment, then look no further! Papa John's seeks people who share our philosophy for success, are looking for quality business practices and meaningful work. All these combine to produce not only the best pizza, but also the best team members!
Papa John's has over 5,000 locations in 44 countries and territories around the world. We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package. Driven to be the best. Better Ingredients. Better People. ®
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Company utilizes eSignatures for Disclosures and Consent which applies to all Materials, both current and future, related to your application for or possible employment
with Papa John's International, Inc. on behalf of itself and its subsidiaries ("Papa John's"). By choosing to click "Apply Now" and move forward in the Application Process
you are confirming that you have read, understood and agree to the Company's E-Signature Disclosures and Consent Policy. Please click here to review this policy.