THIS IS A CORPORATE POSITION
The VP of International Supply Chain will impact the success of all international markets by maximizing cost effectiveness and adhering to our quality commitments by leading and directing the International supply chain including purchasing, product approvals, international distribution, quality control, and international suppliers. Ensure that every International partner (suppliers and third party operations) fully supports the company's commitment to quality. This is a cross-functional position working closely with Corporate Supply Chain, Research & Development (R&D), Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control, and the International Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage team of (5) international supply chain managers / directors located in regional markets.
- Develop and oversee supply programs with over 375 international suppliers, to support franchise and company store operations in 44 countries outside the United States.
- Develop and implement ingredient sourcing strategies across various regions of the world. Identify & develop potential global suppliers and assist in developing best in country suppliers, while coordinating all findings with R&D and Procurement.
- Develop supply chain model strategies for new country / new market entries.
- Work closely with V.P. Global Contracting to identify & leverage Global Supplier networks.
- Negotiate international supply programs to meet franchise and corporate objectives. Ensure all negotiations and service levels adhere to Company's requirements.
- Direct contract process and execution of multilingual international supply agreements.
- Identify annual savings targets and develop strategies for achieving savings to maintain and improve store level profitability.
- Develop and maintain collaborative cross functional relationships and communications with Regional Vice Presidents, International Business Managers, Franchisees, and internal Research & Development, Development, Quality Assurance and Legal departments.
- Direct and manage food cost models for international markets to determine where products are sourced (U.S. vs. local or regional), including economic analysis based on development plan volume and transportation/logistics. Ensure International QCC (Quality Control Center) operations are cost effective.
- Direct and provide continuous levels of support during start-up and annual re-certification for all international franchise QCCs.
- Oversee product compliance and Papa John's operating standards within international QCCs to include product performance, food safety and quality assurance.
- Develop International SOP's for the Supply Chain team (Bid process, Supplier Scorecard, etc).
- Support R&D and Operations involving new product deployment in existing countries (product costing/logistics).
- Implement & evaluate Supplier Scorecard (assessment tool) results across Global Supplier base.
- Develop & Implement Strategic Supply Chain contingency plans (primary & secondary supplier network).
- Strong expertise in analysis of P&L's, financial viability of potential suppliers, food cost models and supplier's cost formulas.
- Expertise in International tariffs, business laws, cultures and customs.
- Bilingual or multilingual preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft products, Lotus Notes, PeopleSoft, and BusinessMap Pro (or equivalent).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree in International Business desired.
- Experienced with international restaurant business and working with different work cultures required.
- Minimum 10-15 years experience in International food service purchasing and new country start-up required.
- Valid passport required.
Exciting things are happening at Papa John's corporate restaurants. Work where the best ingredient is YOU!
Great things are happening at Papa John's! If you are looking for a fulfilling career with an international company, flavored with challenging work, mixed with professional development opportunities, a competitive salary and a collaborative team environment, then look no further! Papa John's seeks people who share our philosophy for success, are looking for quality business practices and meaningful work. All these combine to produce not only the best pizza, but also the best team members!
Papa John's has over 5,000 locations in 44 countries and territories around the world. We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package. Driven to be the best. Better Ingredients. Better People. ®
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Company utilizes eSignatures for Disclosures and Consent which applies to all Materials, both current and future, related to your application for or possible employment
with Papa John's International, Inc. on behalf of itself and its subsidiaries ("Papa John's"). By choosing to click "Apply Now" and move forward in the Application Process
you are confirming that you have read, understood and agree to the Company's E-Signature Disclosures and Consent Policy. Please click here to review this policy.